Wednesday, October 24, 2012

31/21 - Breeding Season is almost over!

The goat breeding season is finally slowing down here on the ranch. We should be kidding out about 40 dairy does starting in mid-January. We have under 10 does left to breed, hoping that no one else comes back into heat. Should make for a very busy winter and spring - but it's a great kind of busy!

I'm always looking forward to kidding season. But then about half way through it, I'm looking forward to it being over with because I am always so tired! It's all good though. I just lack sleep for a few months during the year, and play catch up the rest of the time... because there is nothing to do after all the kids are born, right? Just kidding. There are lots of does to milk, and cheese and butter to make, on top of the regular chores!

Anyway, I have to get to work!

See ya!

Suriyah

0 comments: