Friday, October 1, 2010

It's October 1st!

Can you believe it, it's already October 1st?! This year has gone by so fast. Today is the first post for the 31 for 21 challenge. I think I can figure out enough things to talk about to keep it interesting, at least I hope I can ;).

So, today I am just going to give you a quick update on life here on the ranch. Everything is going pretty well! The weather has been really nice. I just realized this morning that we've been feeding the same hay (from the same farmer) for about a year now and it has been a big blessing. All the animals have done great on it. As far as feed goes and keeping them all at a good weight, it's pretty pretty easy since switching to this hay. I remember how hard it would be to find good hay - we'd order some, and then it would be OK but not great, then we'd go with someone else next time, and try to find someone else the next time. . . until we found the Missouri alfalfa hay.

Not too much really to update on. Here are a few random photos I took last night after milking.

This is one of the barn cats. . . this cat sits in the milk room and waits for any extra milk to be dumped to him :).

Blondie,

My cousin Aaron is renting a bull and he's in our neighbor's pasture. I thought it was funny to see a big bull and a little goat grazing next to each other, not paying any attention to each other at all.

And this is the odd pair of friends. Buddy, the alpaca, and the little sheep (don't remember her name, oops) are totally friends now and do *not* like to be separated at all. Pretty funny.

Well, I hope ya'll have a good Friday!

Take care,

Suriyah

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute pictures!

Candi said...

When I read your post from yesterday, I had a feeling you wouldn't have a problem finding things to blog about!! Now we'll just pray you'll find the time to meet the 31/21 challenge!!

BTW, I LOVE that barn kitty ;)