Thursday, November 15, 2012

New Pup & Trauma

The newest addition to the ranch? A new Livestock Guardian puppy! She is half Great Pyreness and half Anatolian. She is out in the yard with the goats, sheep, llamas and donkeys.

The dog she gets to learn from? Our best LGD, Jethro. He is a fabulous livestock guardian and I hope she listens to him well! :)



Roxy is my dog that I rescued almost 3 years ago. Such a good little pup...

Trauma. She is doing so well. I am so thankful. What a difference a few months can make. If you don't remember, she was born back in March to a first freshener doe. We found her in the middle of the night, and her neck was crooked. She couldn't sit or stand. We brought her in the house, and for the next several days I was feeding her, caring for her, and teaching her how to sit. She figured that out fairly quickly. The standing and walking was a bit harder though. She could not stand for several days. Once she did learn how to balance, she would only walk backwards! After a few days of that, she finally figured out how to go forwards. Ever since then, she was been doing great and growing very well. She is the funniest little goat ever, and treats me like I'm her mother (I can understand why!). She also comes to her name when called.


 This doe is visiting to be bred. She was born here out of one of our MiniNubian does back in February.

"MOOOO". This cow is learning that us humans really aren't that scary.

 The does going out to pasture. I'm not sure what they eat out there other than leaves, but their bellies are very full every night!



Have a great day y'all!

Suriyah


0 comments: